Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Common Theme

image from Elle Decor

image from Vogue

image from Amber Interiors

image from Schuler Samperton


This weekend, I organized all the images on my computer and my tear sheets to really help me focus on decorating our house. While doing so, I noticed a pretty cohesive theme between some of my favorite images. Neutral backdrops, white washed wood, natural elements, and layered textiles with lots of pattern and ethnic prints. Something about them looks so relaxing, inviting, and laid-back. 

The top image is from Reese Witherspoon's house, and it's going to be in the new Elle Decor out later this month. Obviously, I'm going to scoop that bad boy up as soon as it hits newspaper stands, because Reese is second only to Gwyneth in my book. If her house looks as good as that one room, it's going to be a looker!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...