Monday, August 20, 2012

Toile Obsession

image from Braebourne Farm


image from Vogue

image from Elle Decor

image from Lonny

My love affair with toile began at a young age. My parents' hall bathroom is covered in toile wallpaper with green marble countertops, and when I was younger, I loved trying to come up with stories for all of the different scenes depicted on the walls. Since then, I've always been enamored with the print. My first college duvet was blue and white toile, and I've made sure my mom has kept it all these years. I'm convinced I'll find a way to turn it into a pillow or use it to re-upholster a chair someday.

In the past few years, I keep seeing toile pop up in rooms in magazines, on blogs, and on my pinterest feed. Sometimes it looks pretty modern, and sometimes it adds a hint of history to a home. Either way, I'm all in. I would love to upholster dining room chairs in the fabric, because I'm of the school that a little bit goes a long way. 

What do you think? Is toile a fun spin on a classic or still a little granny for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...