Monday, August 27, 2012

Brass Accents

image from Material Girls

image from Design Sponge

image from Peppermint Bliss

If everything goes according to plan, in the next couple of months the husband and I will be in the middle of one giant project (that I couldn't be more excited about). After years of collecting files online and saving tear sheets from magazines, I have a pretty clear idea of where we'd headed. I'm going to put it out there that my compulsive magazine buying and blog reading has actually paid off.

One of the things we'll be doing is creating a Master bathroom. I have most of the main components pinned down. We're going with a classic bath idea with Subway tile, hexagonal tile floors, and vintage inspired mirrors. The one thing I'm torn about is the finish choice. Do we go traditional chrome/nickel or lean towards the more risky brass? Brass tends to look amazing and add a masculine touch to the bathrooms I see online, but I'm a little nervous that this only translates well when you have serious interior design chops or a really well-trained eye. Sassy or classy? That's the question. 

2 comments:

  1. If anyone can pull it off, it'll be you. You have a great eye, good taste, and great style!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...