Monday, April 16, 2012

Real E-stalking










Looking at online real estate listings is quickly becoming one of my guilty pleasures. It started while we were looking for a place to live from out-of-state, and for some reason, I just cannot drop the habit. Now I catch myself looking up homes all over the place...Charleston, Savannah, Austin...(please give me more cities and feed my compulsion). 


Looking up real estate listing is also a great source of inspiration. 9 times out of 10 it's really more of a "I hope to never do that" type of inspiration, but sometimes you run across some real gems that give you good ideas to take away.


This house was listed in Houston a few months ago. It was teeny tiny, but from the pictures, you can tell the owners did a great job of making it feel larger. The use of gray in differing shades across the whole house helped to expand the space as did the use of furniture that is moveable and doesn't take up a lot of space. The use of two small tables as a coffee table works like a charm in the sunroom, and that round dining table is perfect in the open dining room. Plus, those antique dressers look snazz-tastic and add a lot of storage. I tried desperately to convince my husband we needed to move-in ASAP to this house and ask for all the furniture as well, but apparently my convincing skills could use some work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...