Monday, September 17, 2012

Around the Newstand

I was finally able to catch up on my September issues and the WSJ this weekend and thought I would share links to a couple of interesting pieces I read.

I work for a non-profit, and I found the WSJ's "Why Can't We Sell Charity Like We Sell Perfume?" to have some thought-provoking points. My eyes have really been opened to the financial situations of non-profits since I started my job in April and am always on the look-out for articles or books that provide interesting perspectives.

Obviously, we don't do politics here on Sit.Relax.Gossip. I'll leave that to the better informed and well-spoken among us. So, regardless of political affiliation, the profile of Chelsea Clinton in this month's Vogue was really interesting and inspiring. It's not too often that I come across women close to my age that are role-models for something other than posing in magazines, and I found the article to be a little eye-rolling at times but mainly one of those pieces that I walk away from and say, "Umm, what have you been doing? It's time to get up and get busy." My mind is rife with ideas right now, and I feel pretty excited to start the week. So thanks, Chelsea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...