Monday, February 11, 2013

Mela and Roam

My mom was in town this weekend, which naturally meant that some form of shopping was on the menu. Yesterday, we headed to the Houston Urban Market, which in addition to having the most amazing pimento cheese this side of the Mississippi, also always has a great selection of affordable and not so affordable things I want to bring home with me.

Last time we went, Kyle and I loved finding Mela and Roam. We brought home a beautiful kantha throw, and I was pretty excited to show my mom the gorgeous textiles in an attempt to lure her into buying one as well. 

One of the big challenges we've had since moving into our house is buying bedding. Our duvet from Atlanta was quickly tossed aside as the balmy Houston weather and difficulties with insulation and cooling in a 1920s house made us feel as though we were sleeping in a sauna. Finding light, attractive, reasonable, and unique bedding is not as easy as one might think. Enter Mela and Roam. All the textiles are so, so soft and whisper thin. Plus, they are beautiful. While mom and I were standing around trying to make decisions, every single person that walked in was oohhing and aahhing over the blankets and dohars.





The real show stoppers are her dohars. The computer images don't even do them justice, they are just beautiful and have the best details. Plus, you can just throw them in the washing machine.

all items available at Mela and Roam

Plus, they were featured in the Coastal Living Ultimate Beach House. I mean, even if I have no idea what I'm talking about, obviously they do. So - Go forth and shop

image from Urban Grace blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...